The Philippines is officially known as the Republic of the Philippines, an archipelagic country in Southeast Asia situated in the Western Pacific Ocean. The entire landmass of the country’s consists of Islands (approximately 7500 Islands). The capital of the country is Manila ranked as the highest population density in the world.
The Philippines is an agriculture country which is a major contribution to the development of the economy in addition to the fishing and forestry. The country has high literacy rates and offers enormous opportunity to the national and international students.
- ISO Country Code: PH
- Country Calling Code: +63
- Government: Unitary Presidential Constitutional Republic
- Currency: Philippine peso
- Language: English, Filipino
MBBS in Philippine
MBBS in the Philippines is very popular among Indian students since 2012 as more than 95% of the population speak English. In addition, medical seats in China gets generally filled in June while in the Philippines it continues till 15th of August. English speaking in the country helps students for those who do not wish to study an additional language such as required in MCI recognized University in China or other European countries.
The medical degree course in the Philippines is the MD program (Doctor of Medicine) which is equivalent to MBBS in India, UK, Pakistan and the other Commonwealth countries. The degree course is of 6 years which comprises of the curriculum studies, practicals, internship and clinical rotation. The Universities in the Philippines are recognized and accredited worldwide that provides global exposure to students.
Why Study MBBS in Philippines for Indian Students:
MBBS in the Philippines is very popular among Indian students as top considering facts are as follows:
- The Universities are globally recognized and affiliated to WHO (World Health Organization) as well MCI (Medical Council of India) that offers global exposure to candidates.
- The Universities are MCI approved that make candidates eligible for applying to Government jobs in India as well as for other PG courses.
- Universities are providing high-quality education and great Infrastructure.
- Low curricular fees.
- Low- living cost.
- Students do not need to pass any entrance exams neither have to for any entrance charges.
- No donation fees
- Application procedure requires little to no efforts.
- The medium of study in English that provides ease to students.
- The best hostel facility available with all amenities and 24 hours security.
- Easy availability of Indian food.
To get the direct admission in MBBS in the Philippines, students should fulfil the below criteria:
- Minimum age must be 17 years.
- Maximum age must not exceed 25 years.
- Must be passed Higher Secondary exams obtained a minimum 50 % marks (45% for reserved category).
- Must have Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as compulsory subjects in 10+2.
- Must have passed the NEET exam.
MBBS in Philippines Advantages:
- Many medical universities or colleges are approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Medical Council of India (MCI). The data reveals the fact that medical graduates from the Philippines have 100% success rates (in the region falling under USMLE).
- The country follows the US education study pattern.
- The country offers high-quality education.
- The living expenses in the Philippines is lower than other European countries.
- If the candidate wants to migrate to the US, he/she can crack the USMLE part I and II in the country under the guidance of Medical Professors.