Ukraine (Ukrayina) is a country in Eastern Europe which is 46th largest country in the world and second largest country in Europe after Russia. It has land borders with seven other countries and water border of the Black Sea and Sea of Azov (South). Ukraine’s capital is Kiev, the biggest city in Ukraine. It has a population of about 42.5 million that makes it 32nd most populous country in the world.
The country is enriched in the enormous natural resources which provide a major contribution to the economic growth and development. The official language is Ukrainian and the official alphabet is Cyrillic. In addition to, many other languages are also spoken in the country after Ukrainian and Russia. Ukraine’s literacy rate is 98% with the most knowing fact that it has produces the fourth largest numbers of post-secondary graduates in Europe.
● ISO Country Code is ua, Ukr
● Country Calling Code is +380
● Government: Presidential- parliamentary
● Climatic Zones: Moderate and Subtropical (southern shore of Crimea)
● Currency: Ukrainian Hryvnia (UAH)
MBBS in Ukraine
MBBS in Ukraine is very popular among Indian students due to the high literacy rates, low-cost medical colleges and the best education system. Additionally, colleges in Ukraine are Medical Council of India (MCI), UNESCO, and the World Health Organization (WHO) approved with a high-quality education, low-cost living, advanced techniques and affordable fees of medical colleges. Students completing MBBS from Ukraine gets more benefits. They are:
● Ukraine has the cheapest medical university in Europe that provides very low MBBS fees. While MBBS is known as the wonderful medical education centre with the best infrastructure.
● The student can take direct admission in MBBS Ukraine without passing any entrance exams. Lakshya team helps candidates to complete all process and take direct MBBS admission without any hassle.
● The Universities in Ukraine are accredited globally that ensures a perfect career in the medical field in many parts of the world.
● Admission serves on the basis of first come as seats are limited.
● MBBS in Ukraine falls into the “Bologna Agreement” that helps medical students to pursue higher education anywhere in Europe.
● Students enrolled in Ukraine universities are also eligible for various opportunities on a global level like scientific conferences, international student exchange programs and many more.
● Indian students can directly apply for a job after MBBS, MD or other medical degrees in Ukraine as MCI approves the medical degrees in Ukraine.
● Candidates can appear in Medical Screening tests conducted in their respective countries like MCI in India, PLAB (UK), USMLE (USA) as well as other international licensing exams.
● The medium of study is English which makes easier to foreign students to adapt to the environment.
Top Universities for MBBS Study in Ukraine
- VINNITSA NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- V N KARAZIN KHARKIV NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- KYIV MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- TERNOPIL STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- BOGOMOLETS NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- ODESSA NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- KHARKIV NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- SUMY STATE UNIVERSITY
- POLTAVA STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- UZHHOROD NATIONAL UNIVERSITY
- LVIV NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- DNEPROPETROVSK STATE MEDICAL ACADEMY
- IVANO NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- TARASH SHEVCHENO NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
Admission in MBBS Ukraine is not restricted to clear any entrance exam like IELTS or TOEFL while students can take admission directly on the basis of first come first serve. But, should fulfil the below criteria:
1. The student age should be of 17 years before the 31st of December of the admission year.
2. According to the MCI, the student should represent the eligibility certificate if he/she did not qualify, register or appear in NEET-2019 (Decision taken by Delhi High Court). This certificate is issued by the Medical Council of India (MCI) which needs to represent at the time of admission to the Foreign Medical Universities.
3. The student should pass 12th standard (Science stream including physics, chemistry & Science) with 50 % in CBSC/ ISC or any equivalent Board of Examination. The English language is compulsory.