Kursk State Medical University
The Kursk State Medical University is a renowned university in the global market and is considered one of the top medical colleges of Russia. It was established in the year 1935 and has been churning out brilliant medical talents since then. It is one of the first institutes in Russia which started its medical courses in English and invited international medical students from all over the globe. The Kursk State Medical University is recognized by the Russian Ministry of Health and Ministry of Science and Higher Education. It is also recognized by various other international medical bodies and education councils. The Kursk State Medical University is also a well-known institute in the domain of ecological medicine owing to its multiple research work.
The university is also known worldwide for its reputed faculty who have effectively enhanced the education standards of the university. The university has a 2:20 teacher to student ratio to ensure personal attention is provided to all the students. The Kursk State Medical University also conducts various international seminars thus providing a great platform to its students to interact with well-known professionals from the world of medicine. The university also boasts of its magnanimous library, which has over 5000 books and other educational materials. Currently, the Kursk State Medical University has over 25000 students who have joined from all corners of the world.
Highlights of Kursk State Medical University
· The Kursk State Medical University is one of the premier-most and oldest medical universities in Russia.
· The education standards set by the university can be compared with the top-notch universities around the globe.
· The university runs various student exchange programs in association with top colleges from Europe and other regions. Students get opportunities to learn from European institutes on the latest advancements in the domain of medicine.
· Students have to mandatorily undergo internships in the government hospitals located in the city wherein they would treat live patients and learn from the experience.
· The Kursk State Medical University is recognized by the Government of Russia. The degree provided by the University is accepted by the Medical Council of India and also recognized by the World Health Organization.
· The Duration of the MBBS course at the University is for 6 years which includes a year of apprenticeship.
· The University has a huge library that gets around 3000 new copies of new books every year.
· Modern hostel facilities are also available for the students
· Faculties that are available in the university include – Dentistry, Pharmacy, Medical, Medico prevention, nursing, pediatrics, psychology, biotechnology, economy, and social work.
· The university takes in students during January and September sessions.
· It also has accreditation from USMLE, AMA, and GMC.
· Great sports and recreation facilities are available on the campus
· Various cultural festivals are celebrated on the campus highlighting the presence of different cultures in the university
Kursk State Medical University Rankings
The University is one of the best universities in Russia and is placed at 221 in the country rankings and 5909 when it comes to the global rankings.
The capital of the state of Kursk Oblast is Kursk. The city is located at a distance of 530 km from Moscow. You would have surely found the name of Kursk in your history books since the city has seen some serious battles during the Second World War. There are many historic churches located in the city which is of great tourist attraction. The Znamensky church which is the biggest church in Russia is located in the city of Kursk. The city is well connected with railways and highways. There are many good Universities as well apart from the Kursk State Medical University. The intracity transportation network is good with buses and trams plying to every corner of the city. Kursk faces extremes of temperature wherein the summer temperature can go as high as 35 degrees while in the winter the temperature falls to minus 15 degrees.
Indian students at Kursk State Medical University
The University comes with the best accommodation facilities for its students. For the safety of the students, the hostels are equipped with fire alarms, CCTV surveillance, and 24X7 security surveillance. There are 6 hostel buildings on the campus out of which 3 are dedicated to international students. The rooms of the hostels are well equipped and come with amenities like a bed, study table, wardrobe, etc. The hostels have a central temperature control system so that the students can enjoy a comfortable stay.
Direct Admission for MBBS in Russia is now available at Kursk State University. Contact Lakshya MBBS Overseas and Apply now.
The Kursk State Medical University gets a good number of Indian students every year since it is accredited by the Medical Council of India. Even this year the count of Indian students is around 500. Common Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi, Eid, etc are celebrated on the campus. Even the accommodation floors have some sections dedicated solely to Indian students so that they can all stay together. Indian students get all the required amenities to have an enriching stay and learning experience at Kursk State Medical University. Language English is the medium of interaction at Kursk State Medical University.
Kursk State Medical University Fees for MBBS