Taras Shevchenko National University
The Taras Shevchenko National University is one of the oldest and prestigious national universities in Ukraine. Located in the ancient city of Kyiv, it is ranked as the best university in several rankings. It ranks within the top 500 universities of the world. The university was founded in the year 1834 as the Kyiv Imperial University of Saint Vladimir.
Taras Shevchenko National University is recognized by the Ministry of Health of Ukraine. The degree offered in MBBS (MD, BDS – Dentistry, Pharmacy, and Nursing) is of the highest standards and is recognized worldwide. The faculty of medicine is one of the oldest faculties among the 14 faculties in the university. The first batch commenced in 1847. The study is more practical learning based and the curriculum is updated from time to time, to produce professional doctors meeting the international standards.
Highlights of the Taras Shevchenko National University
The university provides world-class teaching facilities in a sprawling campus. The classes follow technology-integrated teaching to increase the learning efficiency of the students. The university also has its own research labs with the highest research papers output among all other universities in the country. Due to the fluency of the English language among the teaching and non-teaching staff, communication is smooth and efficient. Accommodation is also provided with standard facilities.
Kyiv is the national capital and the most populous city of Ukraine. It is an ancient city known for science, industrial, technology, and cultural vibrancy It is the most developed and richest city of Ukraine with a steady growth rate. Filled with heritage, it is an active base of tourism in Ukraine.
Kyiv (in Ukrainian) has a well-developed infrastructure with an updated public transport system including Kyiv Metro. It city has strong employability in the sector of services and finance. It is an undisputed centre of business and commerce. The growth rate of the city is much higher than the national average. Since it is not focused on the specific industry so the unemployment rate is low.
Indian students at Taras Shevchenko National University
• Medical Degree at Taras Shevchenko: The MBBS course at the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv has the affiliation of the MCI (Medical Council of India). The undergraduate course of MBBS is for 6 years. The language of instruction is English at Taras Shevchenko National Medical University. The academic years are divided into two semesters.
• High-Quality Education- the Taras Shevchenko Medical University is recognized as one of the best medical universities by the World Health Organization and the Medical Council of India. The Taras Shevchenko Medical University is the only institute in Ukraine that provides professionals and practical training in the best private hospitals in Ukraine.
• Language: the medium of study in English in Ukraine (student can choose either Russian or English) as it has the highest intake of foreign students as compared to any other national university of Ukraine. In addition, students are taught local languages to bridge the communication gap between local students, people, and patients
• Foreign Partner Universities: the University has over 400 partner universities, maintaining relations, and also undertakes student exchange programs with universities of forty countries. The figure includes a number of former republics of the Soviet Union and other countries with which Ukraine, over the past 70 years prior to independence in 1991, did not have official bilateral relations.
• Research Works- the university has the highest academic standard and ranks the highest in terms of research paper outputs.
• Co-curricular activities- Apart from the 6 years of medical study in Ukraine, students can participate in other co-curricular activities like social gatherings and playing varieties of sports. It has many amateur football clubs which play in the Ukrainian Premier League. There are also ice- hockey club and basketball club The city is rich in culture and heritage so it provides the students with an opportunity to explore history to a great extent.
The university provides world-class accommodation facilities to foreign students. All the standard amenities are provided to the students. Availability of Indian cuisines makes the stay more comfortable for the Indian students. The university is situated in Kyiv, so it has well-developed public facilities like transport for the ease of the students.
MBBS Entrance Exams- Admission to Taras Shevchenko does not require any admission test like IELTS or GMAT. The admission process is simplified and well guided by the Lakshya MBBS Overseas Team. There are no donation fees for admission.
Taras Shevchenko National University Fees for MBBS